If you’ve been traumatized by mushy, mayo-laden fast food coleslaw in the past, you need to try this coleslaw recipe. The citrus and cumin combined with the cool crunch of the cabbage is, frankly, delicious.
Perfect for fish or shrimp tacos, a burrito bowl, a light lunch or with your protein of choice for a low carb dinner.
EASY ANYTIME COLESLAW RECIPE
- 1/2 purple cabbage
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 small avocados
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime or lemon, juiced & zested
- sea salt, to taste
- cumin, to taste
1. Thinly slice the cabbage and chop the cilantro. Buy the precut matchstick carrots if possible — don’t try to be a hero.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime or lemon juice and olive oil with a fork.
3. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, adding sea salt and cumin to taste.
4. Cut up one avocado and serve! (And save remaining slaw and avocado for leftovers!)
Like us on Facebook!