This kale and avocado salad is gorgeously simple. It’s full of delicious textures from the crunchy carrots, soft kale, creamy avocado and savory lupinis. Perfect for every day and great for any occasion!
KALE AND AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cup shredded kale
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 1 cup of lupinis or chickpeas
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Combine the first seven ingredients and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the onions are caramelized and carrots are slightly tender.
3. Chop kale into small prices and pour boiling water over the bunch, this will soften the kale making it much easier to chew. Be sure to strain and pat dry.
4. While still warm, drizzle the red wine vinegar over the onions and roasted carrots.
5. Once the carrot and onion mix is cooled combine with kale, avocado and lupinis, toss well to coat the kale in the olive oil, spices and vinegar form the roasted onion/carrot mix. Finish with an extra splash of olive oil, red wine vinegar and touch of salt.
Side note: Did you know that lupinis have the most protein per calories of any plant on earth? 50% more protein than chickpeas. 80% fewer calories than almonds. 2.6 times more minerals than coconut water. And 35% more fiber than oats.
Like us on Facebook!