It’s Friday. It’s Cinco de Mayo. There’s tacos. There’s margaritas. Tonight, for dinner, my family and I will enjoy vegan quinoa and black bean tacos, replete with lots of veggie toppings and organic, store-bought salsa! Life is good.
Below, how to make ’em.
EASY VEGAN QUINOA AND BLACK BEAN TACOS RECIPE
- Blue Corn Tortillas (hard shell; I used Simple Truth brand)
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (follow directions on package for cooking)
- 1 can spicy black beans (use liquid do not drain)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 heaping tbsp chili powder
- Sea salt if wanted
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions (will need 4 cups cooked).
- Add 5 tbsp olive oil to a pot and sauté the quinoa, black beans, red onion, and garlic on medium heat for 3 minutes (stir frequently).
- Then, add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder and sea salt and continue to stir frequently throughout cooking process.
- After a couple of minutes, add 1/2 cup vegetable stock. Cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Total cooking time should be 12 minutes.
- Let taco meat cool for about 20 minutes, which will make the mixture thicker and perfect!
- Stuff taco shells with the mixture and top with your favorites!
Before you go, PIN THIS POST : )
Like us on Facebook!