With summer almost officially in full swing (hooray!), it’s time for the ice pop to step back into the spotlight. And not just any ice pop, mind you, but a green lemonade ice pop that is a refreshing and healthy snack option for the whole family.
Now, if you love tangy green juices as much as I do, this green lemonade ice pop recipe will go down a treat, but really, the recipe options are endless: Try Greek yogurt, or honey and berries. Watermelon and mint is also a winning combo. Get creative! All you need is a popsicle mold like this one, a blender and your imagination.
GREEN LEMONADE ICE POP RECIPE
- 1 cup of spinach or kale, or a little bit of both
- Half a lemon, skin removed
- Half a green apple
- 1/3 of a cup of cucumber
- 1/3 of a cup of pineapple (optional)
- 5 or 6 mint leaves
- Make sure all ingredients are rinsed thoroughly.
- Chop everything up, and add to your food processor.
- Add a splash of water and blend well. Note: It is important not to add too much water or your mixture will separate, resulting in watery popsicle tops! Two or three tablespoons will suffice.
- Pour mixture into your popsicle molds and freeze for at least six hours.
A few more of our go-to healthy snacks:
Like us on Facebook!