This weekend I attended a Women’s Wellness Entrepreneur Panel in Austin, Texas that featured female entrepreneurs of all sorts: holistic health coaches, restauranteurs, life coaches, chefs and dietitians. And before the event started, I wandered on over to the snack table and took a bite of the most delicious cacao balls I had ever tried.
Of course, I emailed the chef who made them right away, and she was kind enough to share the recipe with me (and, therefore, all of you)! Rebecca Meeker is the chef and owner of Lucky Lime, a meal-prep delivery service in Austin.
“My goal is to cook food that makes you (and me!) feel happy and healthy, and strikes a balance of well-being and wellness,” says Rebecca. “At Lucky Lime, we prepare our foods with healthy ingredients consisting of whole foods sourced locally from responsible purveyors.”
Without further ado…
ALMOND BUTTER FUDGE ENERGY BITES RECIPE
(Makes 9 bites)
- ½ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup pitted medjool dates (about 6)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup finely shredded coconut
- Put dates in a food processor and chop.
- Add the almond butter and blend well.
- Add the cacao powder, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Blend for several minutes until combined.
- Take a heaping teaspoon of the mixture in your hand and roll into a ball. The warmth of your hand will allow the coconut oil to help bind the bite. You will end up pushing it more together than actually rolling it. While it is still warm press into the shredded coconut.
- Allow the finished bites to set in the fridge for 1 hour to re-solidify the coconut oil.
Like us on Facebook!