Summer salads are our favorite. They’re full of peak-season produce, they’re healthy and filling, and they’re bursting with vibrant, Instagram-worthy colors. Cookbook author Anna Helm Baxter agrees with us, so much so that she devoted an entire book to the mighty greens and their dressing counterparts.
Salad in A Jar: 68 Recipes for Salads and Dressings is an homage to the many genius ways one can make, take and shake your gourmet salads on the go. Here, a green goddess dressing recipe suited to all of your salad needs—and then some.
GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
(Makes: 1¼ cups – Time: 10 minutes)
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- A small handful of basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 4 tablespoons water
- Purée the avocado, green onion, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon, and water in a blender until very smooth.
- Store in an airtight container.
A few more recipes from Anna Helm Baxter:
Reprinted with permission from Salad in a Jar, by Anna Helm Baxter, copyright 2017, published by Hatchette Livre (Marabout). Published in the United States by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC. Photography copyright 2016 by Victoria Wall Harris.
Like us on Facebook!