When it comes to snacks here at Kale.Life, we have three very simple requirements:
… and these eight fit the bill, especially for those of you on the go, whether it’s dancing your way through this Lollapalooza (wee) or traveling for work (wah). Here, our favorite healthy snacks for festival season survival.
1. Green juice Duh, but seriously, guys: An alkaline body is a vibrant and energized body. A good guzzle of green juice will give you long-lasting energy.
2. Jackson’s Honest Sweet Potato Chips Made with only 3 ingredients, these are the cleanest and healthiest chips you’ll find out in the market. AND THEY’RE DELICIOUS.
3. Dried mango (and, okay, dried fruit in general) Sweet, chewy, and portable, dried fruit is something you should never not have on hand.
4. Super-food granola Get your nutrients on-the-go with a bag of super food granola; it’s 100% plant-based and filled with omega-3’s for brain health and reduced inflammation. (And if you are wondering: “super food” just means a more nutritionally dense food.
5. Blueberries Counterbalance alcohol and environmental stress from travel with this antioxidant-rich berry. I like to think of antioxidant rich foods as a broom that sweeps through my body and clears out all the accumulated dirt, dust, and muck that enters naturally through modern day living (or partying at festivals).
6. Thunderbird Bars They are a local Austin company that specializes in creating the most wonderfully delicious REAL FOOD bars. Truly for anyone looking for a whole foods-based alternative to “energy” bars – these bars are nutrient-dense, plant-based goodness!
7. Almond butter and banana wraps Nut butters (including almond, cashew and pecan butter) are great because of their high protein and fat content. (A little FYI, if you need it: Protein and fats are the keys to keeping you satisfied and happy, and preventing you from reaching for that processed sugar.)
8. Raw trail mix Heart health, omega-3 fats for brain health, rich in antioxidants, and the ability to keep you full for a long period of time make these the perfect festival snack.
Like us on Facebook!