I love waking up a bit early to prepare a healthy smoothie for breakfast; it gives me the energy boost I need to get my day started (and tastes fantastic). Every now and then, though, I’ll switch things up and treat myself to an açai bowl from a local smoothie shop. And every time I do this, I’m blown away not only by how delicious it is, but also how expensive it is. (Think $8 – 10 per bowl!) So, naturally, I decided to learn how to make an açai bowl at home, and, to my surprise, it’s actually quite simple. And now? Açai bowls are no long a special occasion-only purchase. I can whip one up whenever I feel like it! Açai breakfast bowls for everyone!
Some guidance for you: Remember to be creative with your recipe. Use favorite fruits that are in season, play around with different toppings. This is YOUR açai bowl, make it exactly how YOU want it. Enjoy!
TROPICAL PARADISE AÇAÍ BOWL
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Sambazon açai superfruit pack
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup mixed berries of your choice (I prefer blueberries and strawberries)
- small handful of peach chunks, frozen
- small handful of pineapple chunks, frozen
- banana, sliced
- strawberries, sliced
- berries of your choice
- granola (or oats of your choice)
- drizzle of honey
- shredded coconut
- Run warm water over the açai pack for about 5 seconds.
- Add everything to the blender, beginning with liquids and moving into solids (for better blending).
- Start at a low speed, and gradually increase speed.
- When your mix looks smooth, pour into bowl or cup, and add the toppings of your choice.
Bam! You have a homemade açai bowl in less than fifteen minutes! Start your day off in paradise!
A few more of our go-to breakfasts:
Like us on Facebook!