...Wherein the decadence of a truffle actually compliments your healthy lifestyle.
Going to a holiday party? Hosting a holiday party? Having one of those nights when your girlfriends stop by and all you have in the fridge is a half of tub of fresh spinach and a jar of almond milk? (We’ve all been there.) Whatever the occasion, this raw cacao and almond butter truffle recipe not only tastes good, it makes you look good—as in appearing to be the kind of effortless hostess we all strive to be. (Right?) And even better: These raw, vegan, paleo, gluten-and sugar-free treats are full of healthy fats and natural flavor, so they are good for you, too. Pair with a glass of red wine or a cup of hot green tea, and enjoy the compliments rolling in.
RAW CACAO & ALMOND BUTTER TRUFFLE RECIPE
(Makes 18-20 truffles)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 4-5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or peanut/sun butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (not in liquid form)
- 1 teaspoon honey (omit or sub for vegan)
- scant sea salt
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together almond butter, coconut oil and honey.
- Add in the ground sunflower, flax seeds and sea salt.
- Slowly add the cacao powder until your dough is a thick consistency that can be rolled into balls.
- Taste your dough here to make sure it is the desired sweetness and consistency.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of dough into one truffle ball.
- Toss in cacao powder, peanut butter powder, coconut flakes, etc.
- Place finished balls on a plate and freeze to set.
- Keep balls in the freezer or fridge until ready to serve.
Like us on Facebook!