This pumpkin spice smoothie bowl recipe is a mashup of two of the biggest food trends around right now. If you’ll search the hashtag for smoothie bowl on Instagram (click here for a preview) you’ll see these gorgeous creamy fruit and veggie smoothie bowls, topping with superfoods, nuts, seeds, dried fruit—a meal or treat that’s easy on the eyes indeed. And pumpkin spice—well, no explanation needed, right?
You can easily make these at home using whatever ingredients you have on hand, and that’s exactly how I topped my pumpkin spice smoothie bowl.
PUMPKIN SPICE SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE
In a blender, combine:
- 2/3 cup milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin (I like to use organic canned pumpkin with no added ingredients)
- 1/3 cup frozen sliced bananas (optional, but I think this helps bulk up the consistency and lends a little sweetness)
- 1 small handful of ice
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (make your own here)
- Optional toppings: nut butters, slivered almonds, hemp seeds, chia seeds
- Mix well, then pour into a small bowl.
- Sprinkled a line of raisins, a line of chia seeds, a line of slivered almonds, a drizzle of raw cashew butter and top with a sprinkle more of pumpkin spice
This recipe can be adjusted to fit your taste, as you may like less honey and more pumpkin, or more spice and less banana. Use this recipe to create your own and see what kind of delicious combinations you come up with! Dig in.
Like us on Facebook!