If you’re unsure how to cook lentils, this is a delicious introduction to the whole process! Lentils are high in fiber and protein, and a good source of vitamins and minerals, especially folate and iron. And this versatile lentil salad recipe, in particular, is a great way to spice up salads, to add to tacos and wraps, or to serve as a super healthy side dish.
LIME-CUMIN LENTIL SALAD RECIPE
(makes six servings)
- 1 cup dry lentils (or 3 cups cooked)
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 limes, juiced
- zest of 1 lime
- cumin, to taste
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or tamari, to taste
1. Sort through the lentils to make sure there are no small stones, then rinse them in a colander under cool water.
2. Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Add lentils.
3. Bring the water back to a boil, cover the pot, and reduce heat to simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until lentils are tender. (Warning: Don’t overcook! The lentils will turn to mush.)
4. Set lentils aside to cool. After cooled, combine all remaining ingredients, and add Bragg’s and cumin to taste.
Like us on Facebook!