This is one of the very first desserts I created when making the switch to a real food lifestyle (and going dairy-free!), and it’s been a crowdpleaser ever since. Even your non-health-food-loving friends will come back to this raw vegan cheesecake recipe for seconds. Promise.
NO-BAKE RAW VEGAN CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- 8-10 pitted dates, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups roasted unsalted almonds (to make this a completely raw vegan recipe, use raw almonds)
pinch of salt
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for at least one hour (use boiling water to just cover the nuts)
- 2 lemons, zested & juiced
- 1 can (13 oz) full-fat coconut milk, just the thick fat skimmed from the top (about 2/3 cup worth)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup, optional (adjust for your desired sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- organic frozen blueberries & lemon zest
- strawberries & chia seeds
- peanut butter, cacao nibs, & vegan chocolate swirl
1) In a food processor or Vitamix, blend the almonds until they are roughly chopped. Set aside in a bowl.
2) Drain the water from the dates, and add to the food processor or Vitamix. Blend until smooth. Add in the chopped almonds and pulse until blended. Do not make almond butter by over blending!
3) Line a 9 x 9 baking baking dish with parchment paper to make cheesecake bars OR line 12 cupcake tins with parchment strips so that you can easily remove the mini-cheesecakes.
4) Press the crust mixture into the pan ensuring it is evenly distributed. Freeze for at least 15 minutes or until the filling is ready.
5) Drain the cashews, and add them to the Vitamix or other high-powered blender along with the lemon juice, coconut milk fat, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend until completely silky smooth. You’ll want to taste test the filling and adjust for your taste buds.
6) Pour the filling onto the chilled crust and smooth it out evenly. Add any desired toppings, such as frozen blueberries, and swirl them with a knife.
7) Cover the pan with plastic wrap or foil and freeze for 4 hours. Take the cheesecake out to sit in room temperature for 20-30 minutes before serving.
8) Slice the cheesecake into bars, and garnish with lemon zest or other toppings of choice.
More dairy-free bites for y’all:
Like us on Facebook!