Packed with nature’s healing herbs and spices, this skin detox tea is the ultimate elixir for nourishing and rejuvenating the health and appearance of your skin.
HERBAL TEA SKIN ELIXIR RECIPE
(Makes 2-3 cups of tea)
- Teaspoon honey
- Small root of fresh ginger chopped
- Stick cinnamon
- Small root of turmeric chopped
- Stick of lemongrass
- A pinch of fresh mint leaves
* You may use more or less of each for your own personal taste. 1/2 teaspoon of the powder can be substituted if you do not have a stick or root of the spice.
- Fill a small saucepan 3/4 with water. Add all ingredients except mint and honey. Bring to a boil, before simmering for 10-15 mins. In the last few mins add mint and honey and stir. Strain the tea into a mug, sip and enjoy! (I like to leave in the mint leaves and eat them as I sip! Yum!)
- * Double ingredients and make an extra large pot to refrigerate the rest for a delicious iced-tea to sip throughout the day.
And now for a word on those aforementioned benefits.
Honey has long been a widely used antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory healing balm for topical use on the skin, and in internal healing remedies. The antioxidants in particular are great for the skin, as they increase circulation and cell metabolism, promoting an even skin tone and firming aging skin.
Ginger also has all the good ‘anti’s. The antioxidant properties assist with rejuvenating appearance of aging skin by removing toxins and stimulating circulation. The antiseptic compounds make ginger a cleansing herb, helping to keep skin free of blemishes. As an antibacterial, it clears acne-causing hosts from the skin, and its anti-inflammatory response assists with toning the skin to suppleness.
Cinnamon is not only a delicious multi-use spice, but it also internally reduces inflammation, cleansing the skin. It improves circulation and blood purification, creating a more even skin tone and a healthy glow.
The curcumin in turmeric boasts a potent healing property that regulates healthy cell behaviour. In addition, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory quality controls microbial growth, cleansing pores and combating uneven, blotchy skin tone.
This sweetly fragranced addition to your tea will not only be enlivening and rejuvenating to the taste, but, thanks to antibacterial qualities, will make your skin feel more clear as your body works to prevent pimples and acne from the inside out.
The salicylic acid in mint aids in curing acne and other inflammatory skin problems. As it contains Vitamin A, it will also aid in controlling oiliness, and in hydrating the skin to create a healthy, soft appearance.
Like us on Facebook!