This light, healthy, super simple Caprese-inspired dish is one of my all-time favorites. It’s so easy and quick to make—and it smells AMAZING.
Plus: Substituting pasta with zoodles means multiple helpings are guilt-free! Bonus! Here, an easy weeknight dinner idea to add to your rotation.
SUMMER ON A PLATE
- 1 punnet* red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup black olives, stoned
- 2/3 cup bocconcini, halved
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh marjoram, leaves picked (a teaspoon of dried Marjoram works fine, too)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchinis “zoodled” (I use the Zoodle Slicer: It’s efficient, affordable and a counter top space saver, too!)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, scrunch the tomatoes with your hands to slightly mush them, and then mix in the olives, bocconcini and garlic. Add the basil and marjoram leaves, and pour in the olive oil and vinegar. Mix well, and allow to sit for 10 minutes or so.
- In a lightly oiled skillet (coconut oil is a great choice!), heat your zoodles for just a couple of minutes, until warmed through.
- Add your zoodles to the bowl of tomato-y yumminess and combine. Sample the juice at the bottom of the bowl and season to your preference. Serve immediately.
Like us on Facebook!