Salmon is one of my go-to proteins: It’s easy, delicious, and feels like a treat. (…Not to mention that it is a great source of omega-3s.) My favorite way to prepare baked salmon is super simple—it contains only one extra, unexpected ingredient!—but will nonetheless impress every one at the dinner table. Here, how to make your new go-to baked salmon.
KALE.LIFE BAKED SALMON RECIPE
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 tbsp red miso paste
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon miso paste with 1 tablespoon water with a fork until smooth. Once smooth, mix in another tbsp water.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut the salmon into portions. A good rule of thumb is that 1 pound meat = 4 servings.
- Brush the miso glaze over the salmon, and allow to marinate for 20 minutes for flavor to develop.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- For thicker, farm-raised salmon, bake for 15-17 minutes. For leaner, wild-caught salmon, bake for 10-12 minutes. Salmon should flake easily at the edges, but not be dry.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
More simple (and delicious) recipes:
- The essential quinoa salad recipe (and a note on how to cook quinoa, too).
- A vegan cheesecake recipe that you won’t believe is actually healthy.
- An insanely good stuffed portobello mushroom recipe to try making for dinner.
Like us on Facebook!